Sunday 5 February 2012

Setting the foundations...

Hello sweeties,

I thought it would be a good idea to start the blog with a kind of disclaimer - in my own way - and give you an idea of what to expect from me.

Money is a big issue these days - or the distinct lack thereof - so the products I'm going to be trying out and reviewing will be from cheaper shops like Boots the Chemist, Superdrug, supermarkets in general etc.  While high-end products are lovely, not all of us can afford the re-purchase price after being suckered in by a sneakily effective ad campaign.

Hopefully I will be able to shed some insight into more affordable items, and into the mid-range if I'm feeling a bit flush.  But I have just moved out of my parents' house and into my own flat (yay!) and my wages don't stretch NEARLY as much as they used to (boo.) so if I can find a cheap alternative, hey I'm all for it.

Having said that, I still get as excited at the thought of a new MAC eyeshadow as the next girl ;)  So you will see a haul or two of them throughout the year (depending on spends).

I will be using my own money to purchase the makeup/clothes/shoes/bags etc that I blog about - unless someone wants to send me something to review, in which case I will clearly state it on the post.
All opinions will be genuine and objective.  I'm an honest person (too honest sometimes, but hey I tell it like it is!) so if I don't like something, I will tell you.  This statement goes for items sent to me (if that ever happens), just because it's being given to me for free doesn't guarantee a glowing report.

But I'm not mean, if there is criticism it will be constructive! :)

If you have read this far, high-five!  If it sounds like something you'd be interested in, please stick with me, I'm just dipping my toes into this rather large ocean and may need a lifeguard!

- Rainey

No comments:

Post a Comment